BOM SUCESSO – LOCAL RULES
To be read in conjunction with the Rules of Golf – as authorized by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews and any temporary local rules.
1) Out of Bounds – (Rule 27-1)
a) Beyond any fence and/or white stakes bounding the course.
b) Club house building and adjoining facilities.
2) Water hazards – (Rule 26)
Yellow stakes or lines – hole 3 lake and hole 18 stream are water hazards
– (Rule 26-1a) or b) ).
Red stakes or lines – hole 2 lake, hole 10 lake, hole 12 lake, hole 18 stream are Lateral waters hazards – (Rule 26-1a) or c) ).
3) Environmentally protected areas
a) Marked by Green topped stakes – holes 16, 17 and 18. Any ball lying in a environmentally protected area may not be played. Another ball maybe played either from the original position or a ball may be dropped and played opposite the point where the ball last crossed the boundary of the area, with a penalty of one stroke.
4) Ground under repair – (Rule 25 – 1)
a) All areas marked GUR with Blue stakes or lines.
5) Protection of newly planted and staked trees – (Rule 25-1-b-i)
a) Young trees or bushes.
b) Flower beds.
6) Immovable obstructions – (Rule 24-2)
a) All buggy paths, sprinklers, irrigation control boxes, drain covers and course furniture.
7) Distance markers
a) Holes are measured along the designed line of play, from the tee box to the green centre.
b) Fairway distance markers are measured to the green centre.
8) Etiquette rules
a) All players must repair divots, pitch marks and rake bunkers.
b) Players must complete 18 holes in less than 4 hours and 40 minutes.
c) Players must follow the instructions of marshals and other course officials.
* The management accepts no liability for loss or damage incurred during play.
* PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULES: MATCH PLAY – Loss of hole;
STROKE PLAY – Two strokes.